Monday, October 5, 2009

2300 Thoughts

All-Star Lifestyle Shoot

In conjunction with the Major League Soccer (MLS) All-Star Game against English Premier League team Everton at Rio Tinto Stadium MLS featured several All-Stars in a “Lifestyle Shoot.” The Lifestyle Shoot was done in Salt Lake City. ReAL Salt Lake All-Star’s Kyle Beckerman and Javier Morales were both featured in the Lifestyle Shoot.

I think MLS did the Lifestyle Shoot as a total publicity opportunity. They featured players from multiple teams with very diverse backgrounds. They were smart because all the different markets where each player came from brought more people to their web page. I also think it was smart to include players with different cultural backgrounds, because people from those countries that normally do not care about MLS would come to the page to see a hometown hero. I think they made a smart move in who the included in this Lifestyle Shoot.

MLS included Javier Morales from Argentina, Fredy Montero from Columbia, and Cuauhtemoc Blanco from Mexico. Blanco has been a legend in his country for many years and continues to play for the Mexican National Team. His popularity was a wonderful addition to this Lifestyle Shoot. Some very big names from soccer nations.
I think the Lifestyle Shoot was well timed. Several soccer blogs and forums have been talking a lot about wanting to know what their heroes on the field are like off the field. I think this Lifestyle Shoot really accomplished that task. I think MLS really listened to their public on this one and actually got it really right on target.

After the video and pictures were posted on MLSnet.com there were several positive comments on team blogs and on soccer blogs across the web. From what I can find this Lifestyle Shoot was very well planned out and received. I think MLS was very smart in the way the put this together and they way they got it out to their publics. I also think they were very smart in the way they tried to expand their publics with the players that they chose to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment