stuholden.com
Via Twitter, I discovered www.stuholden.com; a very interesting public relations site for Houston Dynamo, and United States Men’s National team midfielder Stuart Holden. The page appears to be created by Holden and his personal public relations specialist. The posts from Holden’s twitter account also seem to support this fact.
I think it is a great idea! The page is wonderful. The page incorporates both his time spent with the United States Men’s National team and his club career with the Houston Dynamo. The page involves lots of different types of media to draw in a variety of fans and supporter levels. I would have to say this is one of the better player based supporters web pages I have seen in a long time, although it is close to Jimmy Conrad’s, captain of the Kansas City Wizards and former United States Men’s National team regular.
This web page is so well put together it is really amazing. I think they have branded Holden correctly and fit his page to work with his branding. The page includes features like: stuvideos, stuq&a, stugiveaways, stulivestream, stunews, and stuphotos. I can really see this kind of page becoming a regular “must have” among bigger athletes in the near future.
I think the stugiveaways is a fantastic idea; it really pulls supporters to his page. To be able to win an autographed Stuart Holden bobble head you need to register an account with his page. I think this is another smart move on his public relations part. I can definitely see this opportunity getting several people of different support levels to register with their web page. This is a good way for them to track the demographics of the people that are following Holden.
I really like how Holden promoted his new web page. He started by posting a link on his twitter account. So some of his biggest fans were the first to get the news and were able to spread it to their friends. The page is already wildly successful in my eyes because of the volume of quotes it has already received in it short existence.
Wonderful public relations at work on stuholden.com. Nice work.
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment