Friday, October 30, 2009

2300 Thoughts

Who ordered the rap?

Four teen boys in American Fork attempted to rap their order at a local McDonalds. Later that evening following a high school volleyball game the boy’s car was pulled over and they all received a citation for disorderly conduct resulting from the attempted rapped order.

What! They received a disorderly conduct citation for rapping? What did they do that was disorderly? The way they were talking? How is that even possible? Well apparently in American Fork it is very possible. I personally think that this whole event will cause a big stir and result in abundance of very negative publicity for the McDonalds location, and the police in the area.

I found out about this story via facebook. (Yes, you may now insert social media plug here) After reading the story and watching the video clip available online I am sure this will cause a negative movement towards the local police and the McDonalds location by more than just the local high school students.

The comments on this story were very passionate and very negative towards the McDonalds location and the local police force. I am sure both the police and the McDonalds location will have to do some image management promotions following this stories publication and mass viewing following several social media venues.

I think both the McDonalds and the police did not look ahead in this situation to see how this little mishap will affect them and their image. I am very interested to see how they try to combat the wave of negative media they will be soon receiving. This is a good time for their public relations personnel to panic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment