NEWS RELEASE
September 22, 2009
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact Information:
Hans Ketchup
Vice President of Communications
Burger Planet
271 North Main
Gary, IN 46401
BURGER PLANET INCREASES MENU OPTIONS
Jayne Petersen helps Burger Planet build on sturdy foundation
GARY, IN – Burger Planet is adding innovative menu options. Burger Planet will now be offering, in addition to all your traditional favorites, low-carb white meat chicken breast sandwiches, gourmet salads, and fruit packages.
Jayne Petersen, president and CEO of Looking Glass Inc., Opal Whitcomb’s personal fitness guru, has placed her stamp of approval on Burger Planet’s menu additions. Petersen said, “Women can have a burger and fries now and then as long as they are active and also try some of Burger Planet's exciting new menu choices, such as the fruit packages.” Burger Planets fruit packages come in a variety of fruits, including apples, grapes, peaches, pineapple, and bananas.
Another exciting menu choice, a gourmet salad, is a good source for a low-carb meal. Burger Planet offers three gourmet salads a raspberry vinaigrette spinach salad with gorgonzola cheese and walnuts, spinach salad with hot bacon dressing and eggs, and Caesar salad.
Petersen will work with Burger Planet chefs to make sure new menu offerings are as healthy as possible. She is also developing new tray liners that will offer nutritional advice. Petersen is developing a new adult Burger Planet Smiley Meal that will include an ankle weight, a fruit package, and a white meat chicken entree.
Corny the Clown, the beloved Burger Planet mascot, is also excited about the menu additions, and will make several appearances with Petersen to get children interested in the new menu options available to them at Burger Planet. The duo will make their kick-off appearance at the Burger Planet franchise located in Times Square in New York, and will continue to make appearances throughout the summer months.
Burger Planet, headquartered in Gary, Indiana, was founded in 1934 by James E. Muellenbach I. Burger Planet currently has 8,921 franchises in 17 countries, employs 48,272 people, and has served over 52 billion customers. Burger Planet is currently the leader of the Quick Service Restaurant Industry.
Jill Little
Public Relations Specialist
jill.little.7@gmail.com
-END-
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love how you incorporated "in addition to your traditional favorites" but I think you aren't supposed to use the word "you" so maybe you could say "in addition to the traditional favorites"? Even though I know it doesn't sound quite as good. I also like how you included Jayne's CEO title to give her more credibility. Great job!
ReplyDeleteNearly Perfect! I really like how it is in your voice, it brings a different outlook to the same information. I think you nailed this one!
ReplyDelete