ReAL Salt Lake in the community
I think ReAL Salt Lake is making great strides in their public relations this coming month. The team does not have a Major League Soccer match this week. I am very happy that they will be spending some of that “free” time doing good things in their community. Some of the projects I am especially impressed with are the "Shopping with the Stars," “Mascot Bowl,” “G.O.A.L.S. for Greatness Golf Outing & BBQ,” and the "Get a Kick Out of Reading" challenge.
Members of the team, mascot, and staff will be participating in these and more events throughout the state. Most of them are being held at elementary schools or for elementary and middle school age children. I think this is a good public relations move because a majority of children that age are playing soccer in our community. Young children are very susceptible to surrounding influences so when they have the opportunity to be influenced for good I think that is positive.
I am happy to see that ReAL Salt Lake is going to be using their “star power” for good in our community this week. I look forward to hearing about more events like they have scheduled. I think they will be very positively received and make a big impact on the children they interact with.
The article I got this information from was interesting. It was on the team web page, but it looked like and read like an article until you got down to the bottom right before the printable schedule and there was a little media pitch. I thought that was interesting because after reading the ending it made it seem like they were trying to write a press release, but just did not understand how. I thought that was interesting and will be interested to see if there actually is any media coverage for their up coming events.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment