What was the question?
I think it is smart public relations for ReAL Salt Lake to include a segment they call “game day notes,” or videos of players and coaches talking about the challenges of upcoming matches, on their team blog. I think this feature is smart and highly enjoyed by the fans that frequently visit their blog.
However, one major downfall of these segments on the team blog Behind the Shield is they cut off the question. You only hear the player or coach talking. The viewer has no clue what the question was, so really has no ability to put what the player or coach is talking about into context. For example they asked a question regarding a specific player on another team and how ReAL Salt Lake would handle the challenges he created. Well in the response to the question the player only says “he” “we will defend as a unit to counter act the challenges “he” provides to our team.” What? Who? Hu?
The problem with not including the question is the viewer has no context. I frequently get lost while listening to the “game day notes” video clips. I often wonder how what they are saying has anything to do with the upcoming game. I just sit there, listen, and try to make up my own question that might make their answer make sense.
I have actually stopped watching the “game day notes” because I just get so frustrated by not knowing what they are supposedly talking about. This same frustration is also echoed by others in the comments section of the blog. I would think ReAL Salt Lake would monitor the comments sections on the different segments and at least try to integrate some of the suggestions to their blog.
It would not take that much more effort to simply not edit out the questions asked. I think this is a simple way to make several fans happier. I would strongly encourage ReAL Salt Lake to read the comments and listen. The comments give ReAL Salt Lake almost instant feedback as to how their fan public is receiving information.
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment